Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Barbapapa by Annette Tison & Talus Taylor


My Review

Okay, I'll admit it, I think Barbapapa is very strange and I really do think he's a bit of an acquired taste. Saying that, I did like the book and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it, but I really thought Barbapapa himself was a little weird!

I actually vaguely remember Barbapapa from childhood (even though he's way older than me lol), so it's excellent to see it brought back to life again after so many years!

One day François was watering his flowers when Barbapapa was born! Unfortuenly though, Barbapapa wasn't allowed to stay with François and his family! He has to go to the zoo, where he is very miserable because he has to stay in a cage!

But one of the most special things about Barbapapa is when he discovers he can change his shape. He tries to change his shape to fit in with others, but nobody 'gets' him! So, he leaves the zoo and that is where his adventures really begin!

Barbapapa becomes an unlikely hero who managed to charm and rescue everyone, eventually he is accepted for being himself - which is very beautiful indeed!

We loved Barbapapa's journey and were delighted when he manages to find his place in the world!

The illustrations are quite old fashioned but definitely memorable! We really enjoyed watching Barbapapa change his shape to help out others!

3 / 5 Stars!

*Special thanks to Orchard for the review copy*

No comments:

Post a Comment